Friday, February 13, 2015

Julia: How it ended

It was Thanksgiving Day and after we had returned from having thanksgiving dinner at his sister Susan's, Tom had a horrible head ache. We were fussing about how he needed to go to the ER for the headache when the horrible bleeding (from his kidneys) started.  There was blood all over the bathroom on the walls on the tub in the toilet just every where. He refused to go to the ER, said it would be the same thing all over, said it was just nearing the end of his time. Tom said that he would just call (the imaginary) Dr. Patel and have him admit him to hospice.  I could stay there with him at the hotel that way and I wouldn't have to take care of him alone.  Since he was dying (which is why he wanted me to leave my great paying job my family and friends in North Carolina and move to God Forsaken Somerset NJ) and I had been doing all of the care-taking myself. 
 

Anyway I finally calmed him down cleaned everything up and he agreed to ER as long as I promised not to mention he was a DR or that he had cancer. (Huge red flag went off!!!)  "Maybe they will give me a shot of morphine and we will be home in a few hours" he said.  

I called his friend Sandy, then I called his sister and dad... They came immediately.  When we got there his Bp was super high so they admitted him to stay overnight for observation. Susan and I went down for coffee. I said, " Why would God give me such an awesome man just to take him from me like this" (btw he strictly forbade me to ever mention cancer to his family because he said they were in denial.) 

Susan just put her head in her hands and said "oh noooo please tell me he is not doing this to you too'. She said after Jenny he promised to never do it again.  She then told me how he made Jenny move to Raleigh, left her family to follow him on another wild goose chase and back to NJ again, all because of this "cancer."  Well I couldn't stay at the hospital, they made me go home... I took his things and left. 

This is when I reached out to Jenny and found out a lot more. I also had found a birth certificate that said he was 46, he told me he was 38.  I confronted him the next day when I picked him up. 

I was very gentle and understanding. I told him I forgave him for lying and that he has this one chance to clean the plate, to tell me everything, to be honest and make everything right.  But I held on to what Susan had told me and gave the chance to tell me the truth.

He never mentioned the tainted childhood vaccine that his sister had explained kept him from being accepted by the marines.   He also never told me about what he did to Penny and stood firm that he was a marine reservist, a doctor and not married to Jenny.

 I texted Jenny and she started texting him making plans to go out to reconcile and she would forward me the texts.  Tom told me he was texting work  about "work drama" and I told him I was texting my daughters, so we just sat next to each other...both of us txting Jenny, although he had no clue I was in contact with her.  He told Penny he wanted to see her but first he had to "take care of a little problem."  I knew he meant me and it scared me to death. 

I was broke, not a penny to my name because I had given him all of my money...my 5700.00 of savings was gone. Penny brought 50.00 to my hotel and left it at the front desk.  When he left for work I picked it up, packed my car and bolted as fast as I could...back home to North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment