Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Jenny: How I met Tom

My name is Jenny. 

I have tried to put this behind me many times, but every time I think I have, a woman contacts me to reminds me how he hurt me and is hurting them. The hurt in the women's voices is heartbreaking. I cant believe he keeps doing this and gets away with it. 

This needs to end. Here is my story. 

I was a single mother of two. I was alone for 4 years desperately searching for love. Since it was so hard to get out and meet people, I started online dating. 

It all started when I saw his profile and sent him a message. We exchanged conversation for a few days and then he disappeared. He told me he was in the Marines and he was going overseas often but didn't warn me he was going away right then. 

Our conversations were so fun and romantic, different than what I had experienced before so I kept waiting for him to appear again. 

Then one day he was online, his location had changed and I inquired about it. He told me he was relocated by the Military. He would now be around NJ and he wanted to see me. We started talking everyday for hours. He would make me smile. He always knew the right things to say. I couldn't talk to him enough. 

Our first date as so romantic. from the moment we first saw each other...the big hug he gave me...to his smile. We met in downtown Freehold, NJ. It is a cute little place that I had not experienced before. He took me to an Italian restaurant, this was my first real date in my life. It was BYOB so he left to run to get wine. 

I felt so special. The night ended with the biggest hug and a nice long kiss. I was so in love. 

After we met I started to drive to see him 3 times a week. It was about 45 minute drive one-way. He lived in an extended stay, with a full kitchen. 

We would go out to dinner at different restaurants, introducing me to different foods. He also loved going to diners, so we would try different diners. All of the dates wonderful and romantic. 

This went on for a few months and then I introduced him to my children. They started coming with me one day a week - I was driving about 4 hours on those days. I didn't care, I was in love. 

He always paid for dates which I thought was wonderful. 

One day he told me he found out he had a cancerous brain tumor and was going to die. He told me it wasn't fair for him to continue to see me and he would understand if I didn't want to anymore. But I loved him and wouldn't think of leaving.

One day he tells me he is getting relocated to NC and could get treatment there for his cancer. I was so in love that after he moved, I drove there 3 weekends out of the month. Then we decided it would be good for me to move to NC. My kids were at their dads for the summer so I packed up all my belonging to move. 

At this point my family and friends thought I was nuts. They all didn't believe what he was telling me, but because I was so in love I didn't listen. I was needed a change - I was at a company that I was ready to leave, anyway. I also was taking out my 401k so I would have money. I moved to North Carolina the weekend of July 4th

I was so excited because this was all new and exciting. I was traveling with my daughters guinea pig. I couldn't leave without it. Tom did not like it and actually moved us to another extended stay hotel and paid for room for the guinea pig by itself. I thought it was crazy, but said if he wants to pay for it, oh well. The new place was much nicer. We would go out to eat many times and sit by the pool and the hot tub. It was like a long honeymoon.

This was my start of our life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment